anuncio

Tudo as coisas ou algo assim

segunda-feira, 4 de junho de 2018

The Clash - Red Angel Dragnet





Red Angel Dragnet
The Clash

I come from a long way away 
And I know a fine thing when I see it. 
See it 
For the same reason no one ever 
Pointed a telescope at the sun 
Talking about the Red Angels of New York City

Who shot the shot? 
Who got shot tonite?

Not even five enforcement agencies can save their own. 
Never mind the people 
Tonite it's raining on the Angels of the City 
Did anyone prophesize these people?

Only Travis 
Come in Travis 
One of these days I'm gonna get myself organized. 
All the animals come out at night. 
Queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick venal. 
Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets.

Thank god for the rain to wash the trash off the sidewalk. Listen you 
screwheads: 
Here is a man who would not take it anymore. 
A man who stood up against the scum, the filth. 
Now I see clearly. 
Personally I know the alley 
Where Jack feeds on the birds of night 
Not even bubbies on bicycles 2x2 
Can stop the blood and feathers flying 
Waring overalls and for once and for all 
What is the dream? 
I'll tell it 
To live like they do in the movies 
San Juan you listening?

Yeah I bet you are 
Hands up for Hollywood 
Hooray 
I hear you 
Snappy on the air 
Hang in their 
Wall to wall 
You saved the worled 
What else? You saved the girl 
Chmpagne on ice 
No stranger to Alcatraz 
To boot 
Or strip it down 
Chop it a little 
Being reasonable 
Just freedom to move 
To live 
For women to take a walk in the park at midnite 
Hey, but this is serious 
She can't even get back home

I come from a long way off 
And I know a lifegiver over a lifetaker 
For the same reason no-one ever pointed 
A gun at a policeman 
Talking about the Red Angels of New York City

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário